Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mistaken Identity

Acts 2:36-41; Ps 33 The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord; John 20:11-18

Mary Magdalene stays outside the tomb and thus she is grieved and full of sorrow. Her eyes are clouded by this grief, this deep hurt she experiences.

THe moment she looks into the tomb, that is she enters into reality, then she is able to move from grief to joy.

But that movement is made permanent only when she hears her name called. The personal address of Jesus with her name upon his lips awakens her and brings her back to her senses.

"She thought it was the gardener and said to him, "sir, if you carried him away, tell me where you laid him, and I will take him. Jesus said to her, "MAry" She turned and said to him Rabbouni, which means teacher."

Then those words of Jesus solidify reality, "I am going to my Father and your Father."

Mary goes to announce to the disciples.

St Jose Maria Escriva remarks the following, "My Father-talk to him like that, confidently=who art in heaven, look upon me with compassionate love, and make me respond to thy love. Melt and enkindle my hardened heart, burn and purify my unmortified flesh, fill my mind with supernatural light, make my tongue proclaim the love and glory of Christ."

"God is my Father! If you meditate on it, you will never let go of this consoling thought. JEsus is my dear friend who loves me with all divine madness o this heart. The Holy SPirit is my consoler, who guides my every step along the road. Consider this often: you are GOd's and God is yours."

No comments: